David Geffen Biography, Bio, Wiki, Yacht, Mansion, Networth, Gay, Children, Wife:- David Lawrence Geffen is an American business magnate, producer, film studio executive, and philanthropist. Geffen co-created Asylum Records in 1971 with Elliot Roberts, Geffen Records in 1980, DGC Records in 1990, and DreamWorks SKG in 1994. As a philanthropist, he has donated to the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and other educational and research institutes. David Geffen Biography
Who is David Geffen
David Lawrence Geffen is an American business magnate, producer, film studio executive, and philanthropist.
David Geffen bio, wiki
David Geffen was born in Borough Park, Brooklyn, New York, US. his father’s name is Abraham Geffen and his mother’s name is Batya Volovskaya. Geffen’s mother owned a clothing store in Borough Park called Chic Corsets by Geffen.
David Geffen Education
Geffen graduated from Brooklyn’s New Utrecht High School in 1960 with a “barely passing 66 average”. He attended the University of Texas at Austin for a semester, and then Brooklyn College, before again dropping out. He then moved to Los Angeles, California to find his way in the entertainment business. He attended Santa Monica College (then known as Santa Monica City College) in Santa Monica, California, but soon left. Geffen attributed his challenges in school to dyslexia.
David Geffen Family
David Geffen’s father’s name is Abraham Geffen and his mother’s name is Batya Volovskaya. his older brother name Mitchell Geffen (1933–2006).
David Geffen NetWorth
According to Forbes David Gaffen has a net wealth of US$8 billion (September 2019) David Geffen Biography
David Geffen Yacht
In 2007, Geffen bought a half-share in friend Larry Ellison’s luxury yacht Rising Sun, then at 138 meters (453 ft) the sixth largest motor yacht in the world. After Ellison ordered a new and more compact 91 meters (299 ft) yacht, he sold his remaining half share in Rising Sun to Geffen in 2010.
In 2009, Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich agreed to a divorce settlement with his wife Irina that resulted in her taking ownership of the 115-meter (377 ft) yacht Pelorus. Approached on Geffen’s behalf by broker Merle Wood, Geffen bought Pelorus in 2011 for $300 million. In 2011 Geffen sold Pelorus to Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan for 214 million euros.
Geffen and his crew of 45 self-isolated in the Grenadines in the Rising Sun during the virus epidemic.
David Geffen Mansion
Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, the sprawling nine-acre estate was built during the 1930s for Jack L. Warner, the late former president and co-founder of Warner Bros. The property includes a 13,600-square-foot colonial-style main residence, countless terraces and gardens, several guest houses, tennis courts, a nine-hole golf course and a pool complex. It is also protected by a state-of-the-art security system, which includes one of the city’s tallest hedgerows.
The sprawling home was purchased by record executive-turned-philanthropist David Geffen in 1990 for $47.5 million, a then-record for a Los Angeles home. While the estate was never officially listed, the businessman had contemplated selling it for years, according to Variety. The $165 million sale price breaks a record that was set just three months ago when News Corp. heir Lachlan Murdoch paid a reported $150 million for Chartwell, a Bel-Air estate used in the filming of The Beverly Hillbillies.
- Sofia Bryant Biography, wiki, Bio, Netflix, Boyfriend, Networth
- John Callahan Biography, Wiki, Bio, All My Children, Wife, Death Cause, Net Worth
- Wyatt Oleff Biography, wiki, facts, girlfriend, height, salary, net worth
- Julie LaPlaca Biography (Bachelor Producer) Age, Wiki, Networth, Boyfriend, Family
- Abby Hornacek Biography, Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Affairs, Net Worth, Eye Injury
David Geffen Politics
He was an early financial supporter of President Bill Clinton. In 2001, he had a quarrel with the former president over Clinton’s decision not to pardon Leonard Peltier, on whose behalf he had lobbied the President.
Geffen was an early supporter of Barack Obama for president and raised $1.3 million for Obama in a star-studded Beverly Hills fundraiser. On February 21, 2007, in an interview with Maureen Dowd of The New York Times, Geffen described Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton in unflattering terms: “Everybody in politics lies, but they do it with such ease, it’s troubling.” He said that Hillary Clinton was “incredibly polarizing” and described Bill Clinton as “reckless” and cast doubt on those who say he has become a different person since leaving office. David Geffen Biography
Along with other celebrities including Steven Spielberg and Brad Pitt, Geffen donated money to try to prevent Proposition 8 from becoming law in California.
David Geffen Occupation
David Geffen is the Founder of DreamWorks SKG/Dreamworks Records, Asylum Records, Geffen Records/Geffen Pictures, and DGC Records
David Geffen Age
David Geffen is 77 years old.
David Geffen Body measurement
at this time we don’t have info about David Geffen’s height, weight, and body measurement. but we provide as soon as possible.
David Geffen facts
- Geffen has an estimated net worth of $8 billion, making him one of the richest people in the entertainment industry.
- Geffen came out as gay in 1992. In May 2007, Out magazine ranked Geffen first in its list of the fifty “Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America”.
- Joni Mitchell and Geffen were close friends and, in the early 1970s, made a trip to Paris with Robbie Robertson and Robertson’s wife, Dominique. As a result of that trip, Mitchell wrote: “Free Man in Paris” about Geffen.
- Geffen can be heard on Barbra Streisand’s The Broadway Album, released in 1985. The track “Putting It Together” features Geffen, Sydney Pollack, and Ken Sylk portraying the voices of record company executives talking to Streisand.
- Geffen is the subject of several books, most recently The Operator: David Geffen Builds, Buys, and Sells the New Hollywood (2001) by Tom King, who initially had Geffen’s cooperation, but later did not. An earlier biography was The Rise and Rise of David Geffen (1997) by Stephen Singular. He is also a featured character in Mailroom: Hollywood History From The Bottom Up by David Rensen, in Mansion On The Hill by Fred Goodman, in Hotel California by Barney Hoskyns, and in several books about Michael Ovitz.
- He was the subject of an American Masters PBS television documentary entitled Inventing David Geffen. The documentary was directed by Susan Lacy and was the first broadcast on 20 November 2012.
- His older brother Mitchell (born Mischa) Geffen (1933–2006) was an attorney who attended UCLA Law School and later settled in Encino, California. Mitchell Geffen fathered two daughters, who are David’s closest surviving relatives. David Geffen Biography