Expert SEO Tips Advice:- It’s no secret that Google loves to change its SEO algorithmic rule. In fact, over the course of a year, they’ll create upwards of five hundred changes!
SEO suggests that optimizing your content, therefore, it shows up additional usually in search results. With numerous changes to navigate, it’s easy to miss something.
And once you miss one thing with SEO, your content might as well be invisible.
But if you get it right, you can reap the benefits of increased traffic, which leads to more conversions, improves lead generation, and boosts sales.
And every business wants more traffic, leads and sales, right?
SEO ranking factors have changed a lot over the years (find out how in our keyword research guide). Search engine optimization techniques that worked even 5 years ago won’t cut it today.
That’s why we’ve pulled together some advice from experts so you can make sure you’re using the best SEO strategy for the coming year.
These square measure nice SEO tips and techniques for building massive traffic in 2019. As you’ll see, if there’s one theme that unifies them all, it’s creating a better user experience, but some of these experts take their own unique approaches. Expert SEO Tips Advice
We’ve conjointly enclosed a bonus section with sixteen fast SEO tips that may have you ever going into 2019 with a bang and not trying back!
Ready for these awesome SEO tips? Let’s get started.
1. Focus on User Experience (Expert SEO Tips Advice )
Brian talks about the importance of user experience signals in search engine ranking. We’ve already heard from Google that RankBrain is their third most important ranking factor, and that trend is not only likely to continue but to become even more important in 2019.
If you’re not clear on what RankBrain is, you’re not alone; it sounds like something straight out of science fiction. And, it is a machine learning system that helps Google decide where pages should rank in search results. So, maybe it’s a little sci-fi.
To put it more simply, RankBrain watches how users interact with search results and rank the results based on that. If users click on a result and straight off the bounce from the site, the site will start to lose ranking. But, if users click on a result and pay time on the location, the site will start to gain ranking (or stay at a higher ranking).
All based on the user experience with the site.
Brian recommends optimizing around medium tail keywords to induce the foremost bang for your buck once it involves program improvement and RankBrain. He says, “when you optimize your page around a medium tail keyword (and create that page awesome), RankBrain will automatically rank you for that term… and thousands of similar keywords.”
In addition to optimizing for medium tail keywords, RankBrain looks at:
- Dwell Time: how long a visitor stays on your site (over 3 minutes is a good dwell time).
- Click-Through Rate: share of searchers WHO click on your search result
2. Overhaul Your “Almost” First Page Posts (Expert SEO Tips Advice )
trying to find posts that nearly rank high and editing them. You can realize these posts in Google Analytics by aiming to Acquisition » Search Console » Queries and putting in a complicated filter to point out the phrases wherever your average position (rank) is larger than ten (on page 2).
google analytics average position greater than 10 query
Now give those articles an overhaul. Add details, examples, answers, statistics, images, contributor quotes, and anything else that makes it a better piece.
If you go huge on quality, you’re very likely to add length and keyphrase usage naturally. Make it a page that you’re so proud of, you want to print it and frame it on the wall.
SEO tips custodian rewrite and optimize posts
Here are 3 ways to make this tactic even more effective:
- Check all the rankings of the page, so you don’t hurt the relevance for an even better phrase
- As you rewrite, pay attention to connected subtopics, which are visible on the search results page in the “people also ask” section and in the “related searches” at the bottom of the page.
- Do this as a regular, quarterly content marketing audit.
3.Tap the Potential of Video
Expert SEO Tips Advice
Video marketing can be a huge traffic source, but some marketers are still ignoring its potential, says Shilpa Shah, co-founder at Hummingbird Web Solutions.
Shilpa stresses that one of the best SEO tips is quality over quantity: just because you have a large number of indexed pages doesn’t always mean your site’s going to attract a larger volume of organic traffic.
She encourages web site house owners to induce eliminate shallow posts on blogs that have either low word count or superficial content (aka “no fluff”) and “to focus instead on substantive content that’s truly engaging and makes each visitor want to read through the complete article.”
SEO tips Shilpa shah use video for user engagement
Also, video content has a lot of untapped potentials which is great for SEO and makes for good user engagement. Chances are, that your user might quickly run through a 1-minute video but may not have the patience to read your 100-word article.
Online video is huge and is only going to get bigger. Cisco is projecting that online video will make up 80% of all online traffic by 2021. 🤯 And, even with all that video out there, 43% of people say that want even MORE video content!
Here’s how you keep your video content optimized:
- Update the title and description of older videos to keep them searchable and relevant.
- Optimize the video’s audio and video quality, as well as graphics and images.
- Integrate videos into the remainder of your web site content.
4. Rank for Featured Snippet.
A little quite Martinmas of search results has a featured snipping. These are the results that show au fait program results pages generally once the ads however before the hierarchical results. They’re usually alongside an image, table, or a video, making them stand out even more and putting them in an even better position to steal clicks from even the highest-ranked results.
Pretty neat, right? Let’s hear from A.J. Gherich and our friends at SEMRush about how to optimize your content to get them.
A.J. Gherich, the founder of marketing agency Gerich & Co., teamed up with SEMRush to put together an enormous study of 6.9 million featured snippets made up of over 80 million keywords.
Based on their data-driven approach, A.J. recommends employing a paragraph format if you’re making an attempt to rank for question keywords like “how am I able to grow my email list” or “what may be a featured snippet?” However, if you’re making an attempt to rank for a preposition (“for,” “to,” “like,” etc.) a list format would be your best bet.
a.j. gherich featured snippet SEO tip
Here are some ways to keep your content optimized for featured snippets:
- Be clear and concise
- Use headers for easy scanning
- Ensure cross-device usability
- Maintain social engagement
- Use strong external resources
5. Create Comprehensive, Authoritative, Evergreen Content
BuzzSumo founder Steve Rayson recommends creating long-form, in-depth posts about a topic to position them as the kind of result Google is looking for: the best possible result for the searcher.
In their 2018 Content Trends Report, BuzzSumo analyzed 100 million articles published in 2017 and found out some pretty interesting things about social sharing, viral posts, and the kind of content that has staying power.
Also, Check Top 10 Most Popular WordPress Plugins 2019
For starters, in the past 3 years, the social sharing of content has been cut in half. 🤯 This is partly due to content saturation (3 million blog posts are published every day) and partly due to a rise in private sharing (people are sharing content in private messages, not posting on walls).
Recommended Resource: Do social media shares count an equivalent as backlinks? Google says no, but are they telling the whole story? Find out the reality in our guide to Social Media and SEO: Do Social Shares extremely Matter for Ranking?
Expert SEO Tips Advice
Steve did find that the sites doing well despite the decline of social shares and content saturation are sites with strong reputations built on original content. While most content gets unnoticed, Steve says, “authoritative analysis and reference content still gain links.”
steven Rayson buzzsumo evergreen content
There are two nice ways that to point out search engines that you just have in-depth, authoritative, evergreen content on your site:
- Stick with long-form content. Longer content (at least 2,000 words) tends to outrank shorter content.
- Use LSI keywords. These are keywords or phrases strongly related to your post’s topic.
6.Maximize User Engagement
Max DesMarais is an SEO & PPC Specialist for Vital, a Digital Marketing & PPC agency that specializes in PPC management services. His knowledgeable tip is to concentrate on user engagement.
From change existing posts to making new ones, pages ought to be engineered to maximize engagement.’
Here are some great ways you can maximize user engagement on your posts:
- Be easy to read. Content utilizes whitespace, headings, short paragraphs, and relevant images to make the page easier to absorb and increasing the user’s time on the page.
- Include extremely relevant links and offers on the page. Offering relevant internal links that will answer a reader’s question. This typically will considerably decrease bounce rates, and find users additional into your web site.
- Use LSI keywords, and answer additional questions that users may think of after viewing the content. Simply giving solely the content that a user searches for isn’t any longer enough. Pages need to supply additional information a user may be seeking. Providing additional information will help retain the user, and tell search engines that the page’s content is not only answering the search query but providing additional value that other pieces of content may not be.
- Contain multiple ways for users to soak up the content. Include images, infographics, video, and text. This will capture readers’ attention, and keep them more engaged in the content.
- SEO tips max Desmarais vital user engagement
- Employing these tactics will ensure that your pages are highly valuable to the readers, and search engines will mark these pages as high-quality content.
7.Optimize for Voice Search
voice search statistics
Julia McCoy, founder of Express Writers encourages continued efforts to optimize for voice search. Voice search started becoming big SEO news in 2018, and McCoy tells us as voice search technology improves and becomes more accessible, that trend is going to continue.
“If it is smart for your complete, use geo-targeted keywords,” says Julia. This means optimizing for local searches.
Since most voice searches are local, this tip is an absolute must if you’re a local business or have a target audience in a specific geographic area.
Julia McCoy express writers voice search SEO tips
In addition to optimizing for local voice searches, Julia stresses the importance of ranking for both questions and answers. More than half of searchers are using voice search for basic online searches, so creating high-quality, voice search optimized FAQs can go a long way to get your posts ranked.
8. Focus on Mobile-First Indexing
For this tip, we’re going to hear directly from the source: Google.
First, what does “mobile-first indexing” even mean? Quite simply, it just means that Google now considers the mobile version of your site to be the primary version of your site.
Expert SEO Tips Advice
If you don’t have a mobile site, your desktop site will still be used. But, if your site isn’t mobile-friendly your rankings may take a hit; remember that user experience is HUGE.
If your mobile site is currently using an “m.” URL Google recommends switching over to a fully responsive site.
SEO tip google responsive web design mobile-first indexing
This is as a result of Google presently simply annotates m-dot URLs, it doesn’t actually index them. Making the switch to a responsive site means that Google can simply update the annotations to say the responsive site is now mobile-friendly, which saves time.
BONUS: Quick SEO Tips (Expert SEO Tips Advice )
In this bonus section, we’re sharing 16 quick SEO tips that you can easily put into practice to boost your SEO today.
Increase Your Click-Through Rate how-to-write-high-converting-meta-descriptions
- Write headlines that appeal to searchers’ emotions.
- Use power words in your headlines to trigger a response from searchers.
- Include parentheses or brackets in your titles to draw attention.
- Write a robust meta description that sets your post apart.
Reduce Bounce Rate and Increase Dwell Time
- Grab visitors’ attention with an above-the-fold hook.
- Craft engaging intro paragraphs.
- Use internal linking to stay visitors moving to alternative relevant content on your own website.
- Create a custom 404 page (displayed if the requested page isn’t found) to help visitors find what they’re looking for on your site.
Gain Site Authority (Expert SEO Tips Advice)
- Link to different sites with high authority and relevant content to encourage relationships (and backlinks).
- Increase your social proof through reviews and testimonials.
- Install an SSL certificate and move to HTTPS to inspire confidence in site visitors.
- If it makes sense for your business, get your site set up on Google My Business to show its legitimacy.
Optimize Your Site for Top SEO Performance
- Compress and optimize your pictures to extend your website speed.
- Use tracking on your site to find out where visitors are dropping. We suggest Google Analytics (and MonsterInsights could be a should if you utilize WordPress).
- Make sure your site is crawlable by creating an XML sitemap.
- Use structured knowledge (aka, “schema markup”) to classify your content so Google knows exactly what your post’s about.
That’s the end of our roundup on search engine optimization tips and tricks.
Over to you to place these SEO tips into observe. We suggest beginning with our SEO audit guide and so change your obsolete SEO before moving on to those tips. When you’re done, make sure your new strategy is working by checking out our guide to measuring content marketing ROI.
And don’t forget to follow us on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook for more expert roundups and in-depth guides.